Suitable for New Entrants and Year 1
Ministry of Education, New Zealand, recommends the fonts that have been used in this workbook for handwriting in schools.
Handwriting Guidelines given.
Features 60 pages workbook on coloured lines
• Upper and Lower case letters A-Z
• Starting points in Red
• Directional arrows
• Connect the dots
• Tracing over the letters
• Pictures to colour
• Plenty of practice space.
Early Writing Practice teaches children the developmental strokes necessary for writing where they trace straight, slanted, curved, and circular lines. Children learn to write letters while improving their hand-eye coordination, increasing pencil control, and learning to express creativity!
Letters in this workbook have been grouped based on similar movements as follows-
• Straight lines first e.g. l,t,I,j………..
• Curves e.g. n,m,h,u ……...
• Descending strokes and tails e.g. p,p,g,q…….
• Capitals e.g. I,T,L……....O,Q,C………D,P,R,B…….